Journaling is an incredible way to work on getting in touch with your true thoughts and emotions. But it can also feel overwhelming if you aren’t sure where to begin. Which is why today I am sharing these 72 journal prompts for beginners who really want to start!
But before we get into these journal prompts for beginners I want to go over some of the benefits of daily journaling and some tips on how to start daily journaling. So you can use this information to keep you informed and motivated to actually use these prompts.
The benefits of daily journaling:
- Journaling helps you be more aware of your thoughts and the situations you are in. And self awareness is so helpful for bettering yourself in the long run.
- When you regularly journal you help to motivate yourself by thinking about your dreams and aspirations. And when your motivation is higher then usually your productivity is too.
- Anything you do regularly helps keep you more focused, aligned, and organized. And daily journaling is no exception to that! So by committing to daily journaling you can help yourself be more organized.
- Journaling helps you be less stressed and anxious because you are writing out your thoughts and working through them. Which means that you are less stressed and you can work on improving yourself.
How to start daily journaling:
- Make it a part of either your morning or night routine. Whichever routine is the most stable for you and doesn’t change often.
- Keep your journal somewhere visible (like your nightstand) so when you see it you remember.
- If possible set a timer on your phone for the time of the day you prefer to journal.
- Make journaling it’s own little routine. For example, if you journal in the morning make it a routine to grab your journal, make your coffee, and then sit in the same quiet place to journal.
Now that we have covered the benefits of daily journaling as well as how to start daily journaling let’s get into these journal prompts for beginners!
*** This article may contain affiliate links that I receive a small commission off of. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I always appreciate any support to keep this site running! Thank you!***
Also, if you currently don’t have a journal for these journal prompts for beginners I have been using this one from Erin Condren and I love it and would highly recommend! And remember to use a pen that won’t bleed through to the next page- that will make journaling significantly better.
72 Journal Prompts For Beginners Who Really Want To Start!
Journal prompts for beginners that everyone can use:
- How am I feeling today?
- I am happiest when ____?
- What do I wish I felt more of today?
- When do I feel the most confident?
- What character traits do I admire the most in others?
- Talk about 5 things that brought you joy today.
- What are you looking forward to?
- What 3 parts of your life would make you happy to improve?
- Talk about the biggest lesson you learned this month.
- What habit do you need to stop doing?
- Make of a list of what you need to let go of.
- What do you want to do more of in your life?
- How can I have more peace in my life?
- Where do I see myself in 6 months?
- What parts of my life would improve/change if I was more confident?
- Talk about what makes you feel the most loved.
- Name some things in life that inspire me.
- How can I make my life more meaningful?
- How do you feel when you are alone?
- What is my biggest failure in life?
- What thing do I consider my biggest accomplishment?
- How do you feel when you spend the day socializing?
- If I could tell my younger self one thing what would it be?
- Am I living my life to the absolute fullest right now?
- What is my happiest memory from the past year?
- Am I settling for less than I deserve?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What changes can I make to be a healthier version of me?
- What motivates me to keep going?
- How have I grown from past mistakes?
- Talk about something that you need to forgive.
- What am I afraid of doing?
- What am I passionate about?
- Name 5 things challenge me in life? And talk about them.
- I feel the most relaxed when?
- How would I describe my work ethic?
Half way there! Pat yourself on your back for sticking to your journaling for this long. And remember to stay patient with yourself. It takes a while to make something a habit but you are doing amazing!
- How do I spend my spare time?
- Do I use screen time to better myself? How could I if I don’t?
- What is currently stressing me out?
- Talk about things that are currently very important to me.
- What does my perfect day look like?
- Do I focus on being busy or being productive?
- What do you want your legacy to be?
- How do I take care of myself?
- What’s one thing I could improve about myself this week?
- Do I feel guilty about anything right now?
- What is the most interesting part of me?
- Where do I see myself in 10 years from now?
- What does my morning routine look like?
- What do I want to look back at this year and think?
- Which good habits could I add to my life?
- Is there anything I am dreading right now?
- How could I manage my money better?
- How can I start prioritizing my mental health?
- If I could easily switch to a new career what would it be?
- How do I define success in my life?
- If I only had one year left to live what would I do?
- What is a short term goal I believe I can achieve?
- What things can I start saying no to, to make myself happier?
- How do I overcome daunting obstacles?
- Am I happy with the direction my life is going?
- What am I going to do this month to get closer to my dreams?
- Who is my biggest role model and why?
- How would I handle it if I had unlimited money?
- What does my inner thoughts say about me? Do I like what they say?
- Talk abut ideas you have for getting out of your comfort zone.
- How do I want to feel about myself?
- What am I in control of in my life and what am I not in control of?
- If you could teach a skill to others what would it be?
- What are of my life do I feel the best about and what are the worst?
- If you were guaranteed success what would you do with your life?
- If you were fearless for one day what would you try?
Congratulations on starting your journaling journey. You are headed down a wonderful path of bettering yourself and getting truly in touch with your inner emotions and thoughts.
Remember to be kind to yourself while you are journaling and getting the hang of it. But once you do get used to it you will be better in touch with your true feelings which is a wonderful thing to have.
If you did find this helpful then keep scrolling for more journal prompts posts as well as information on how to stay connected with me. So that you can always know when I have new helpful content including journal prompts posts!
Let’s get social!
If you liked this post on journal prompts for beginners who really want to start then you probably (hopefully!) will like these posts too:
- 31 Inspiring Journal Prompts To Better Yourself
- Journal Prompts For Mornings: Start Your Day Journaling Ideas!
- 53 Journal Prompts For Improved Productivity
- 80 Page Ideas For Your Bullet Journal
- 40 Journal Prompts For When You Are Stressed
Let’s really connect and stay in touch!
Below is a quick form to subscribe to my weekly roundup! It’s just one email a week! Which includes my 3 newest posts, email exclusive freebies, weekly finds and favorites, and so much more. I would love to stay in touch moving forward!
You must be logged in to post a comment.