Journaling has so many wonderful benefits but one of the best is that it can get your thoughts sorted out and help you become less stressed. Feeling stressed out and like your life is out of control is never a mental state anyone wants to have. So let’s try answering these 40 journal prompts for when you are stressed and see if it can help you feel less stressed!
*** This article may contain affiliate links that I receive a small commission off of. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I always appreciate any support to keep this site running! Thank you!***
What journaling tools do you need?
A journal- of course you need the actual journal to start journaling!
Pens- ideally pens that don’t leak through to the other page like these ones.
A quiet place- you need a quiet and calm place that you can think about these prompts and start decreasing your stress.
40 Journal Prompts For When You Are Stressed:
- List 10 good things going on in your life right now.
- Was there one thing that triggered feeling stressed? If so what was it?
- What things do you need to let go of?
- What are the things stressing you out that you CAN control and what can you NOT control?
- What daily routine changes can you make to feel less stressed?
- How can you have more patience with others?
- How can you organize your life better? What steps are needed to feel more organized?
- List out 15 things that truly bring you joy!
- What are your short term goals for this month?
- What has helped you in the past to feel less stressed out?
- What is a challenge you are facing in life right now? And how can you overcome it?
- How can you manage your time better? What actual steps can you take to have better time management skills?
- What made today more difficult and stressful than other days?
- List out 10 self care ideas you will do in the next week.
- What are your long term goals and what are you doing to achieve them?
- Write a letter to your future self.
- Are there any people in your life increasing your stress? Are they people you need to have as involved in your life as they currently are?
- What signs do you look for to determine if you are stressed or anxious?
- If you could do today all over again what would you change?
- Rate your stress today on a scale of 1 to 10.
- Describe the best and worst case scenarios of the situation that is stressing you out.
- What are your coping mechanisms? What coping mechanisms do you wish you had?
- What does your perfect day look like?
- What healthy habits could you add to your life to make you feel mentally better?
- What do you need more of in your life?
- What makes you feel safe?
- Write out 10 positive affirmations for your life.
- When you wake up in the morning what feelings do you most want to have?
- What would your life look like if you weren’t scared of failing?
- How do I want to be remembered? What can I do to get past my stress and get there?
- List out your current 5 top life priorities.
- What makes you feel loved and cared for?
- How do I spend time alone?
- What movies and books bring my joy and help me feel less stressed?
- What can I do to have more energy to tackle life?
- What 1 action could I take in the next hour to feel less stressed?
- Do I hide my emotions? How could I address my emotions better?
- What was the last thing I did out of my comfort zone?
- How am I taking care of myself?
- What would a more balanced life for me look like?
Best of luck using your journal to calm your stress levels and feeling better!
Do you follow me on Pinterest? Make sure to for all the newest self improvement and lifestyle posts: