Decluttering is a super important part of getting your house organized. You will never truly feel like your home is organized and clean when there are un-necessary items in it that should be decluttered. So as I was decluttering my home last weekend I kept a list of everything that I was removing from my home to share with you all as ideas of where you can start decluttering your home! So keep reading for the 50 items to declutter right now.
And an organized home is a large part of being a more productive person. Your living space needs to be your LIVING space where you can work towards your goals and dreams but when it is cluttered full of unnecessary items that becomes difficult.
Which is why I want to share this list of 50 items to declutter right now. So you can get your home clutter free and organized too!
Also, I have a whole YouTube series going now on how to clean, declutter, and organize your home. If you want to check out this series then head to this playlist here and make sure to subscribe while you are at it.
Now let’s get to the list so you can start your decluttering journey.
*** This article may contain affiliate links that I receive a small commission off of. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I always appreciate any support to keep this site running! Thank you!***
50 Items To Declutter Right Now
Reminder- decluttering does not mean just throwing everything in the trash! When possible try to donate or recycle items rather than trashing them.
I recommend getting a few tubs like these ones so you can keep a tub of things to donate, things to sell, and things to recycle. This will help make this decluttering journey easier and help it keep your house feel less crazy while you are decluttering!
- Clothes with stains or holes– you may be able to convert them into cleaning rags!
- Cords- if you can’t figure out what they go to, then get rid of them. Make sure to get an organizer for the ones you do need to keep.
- Outdated technology– there’s no need to have that MP3 player sitting in your junk drawer.
- Ripped pet toys
- Old (really any) catalogs– try to recycle if at all possible.
- Shoes that hurt your feet
- Old wallets- they tend to pile up quickly.
- Boxes– you really won’t use them for Christmas presents in 11 months.
- Expired beauty products
- Leftover crafting supplies – and get your remaining crafts organized asap!
- Old tools– nope you don’t need 7 hammers
- Unusable Tupperware
- Dried out pens & markers – grab a piece of paper and check if they are dried out
- Board games
- Old phone accessories- your case and charger for an iPhone 4s are useless!
- Holiday decor– after every holiday donate any decor that didn’t get put up
- Old magazines and newspapers
- Canned food– time to check the expiration dates that haven’t been checked in a long time!
- Last years calendars and planners – get yourself a planner that you will love this year.
- Drink ware- purge your cups and mugs, you probably have way too many (we all do).
- Expired coupons- I love this coupon organizer, makes it easy to know what coupons I have!
- Mismatched socks– if you can’t find the match after 2 weeks then throw them out.
- Unused picture frames– if you aren’t using it now you probably won’t ever.
- Extra bedding
- Unworn jewelry– and anything you can’t untangle.
- Organization items– baskets/boxes/etc that aren’t being used
- Sample cosmetics
- Invites to past events
- Manuals- if you know how to use the item then toss them, plus most manuals can be found online now.
- Event clothes– any that you wore to a “big event” so you won’t wear them again
- Old uniforms/name tags
- Freezer food– they do expire too! Check expiration dates and be honest if you will actually use them ever. This is also a great time to get your freezer organized.
- Hats & scarves
- CDs– let’s be honest, you probably haven’t listened to a CD in years so stop letting them take up space.
- Unused cleaning supplies
- Old eye glasses & sunglasses- especially if they are scratched.
- Duplicate kitchen items– you don’t need 2 extra microwaves!
- Books- focus on ones you won’t read again
- Pajamas– if you haven’t worn them in 2 months then donate them, most people have way more PJs than they actually wear.
- Dried out nail polish
- Old notebooks
- Condiments- check expiration dates and think about when anyone used it last.
- Wall decor– if it hasn’t been put up then donate it.
- Fitness equipment– if you haven’t used the thigh crusher 2000 in 5 years then get it out of your house.
- Event t-shirts- any t-shirts from old events/teams/schools etc that you don’t actually wear.
- Overly loved pet toys
- Hair Styling tools– you only need one of each!
- Plants– if they are dead (be honest with yourself) then it’s time to say goodbye.
- Recipe books/cards– it’s 2020, time to go digital.
- Tea or coffee beans you will never drink
This is your year! Get your home decluttered and organized so that you have the time and space to be your most productive self this year.
If you have any questions about decluttering or organizing your home make sure to let me know in the comments. And make sure to subscribe to my newsletter below so you can be the first to know about my newest posts and freebies!
Let’s get social!
If you liked this post on 50 items to declutter right now then you probably (hopefully!) will like these too:
- 88 Things To Declutter During Spring Cleaning
- My Helpful Home Weekly Cleaning Schedule- Printable!
- 30 Days of Deep Cleaning Your Home Challenge
- How To Maintain A Clutter Free Home
- 21 Gifts For Organized People This Year
Let’s really connect and stay in touch!
Below is a quick form to subscribe to my weekly roundup! It’s just one email a week! Which includes my 3 newest posts, email exclusive freebies, weekly finds and favorites, and so much more. I would love to stay in touch moving forward!