For the next year I challenge you to write a letter to yourself each week. Writing letters to yourself is a great way to connect with yourself. And get a better idea of what you are really feeling and truly thinking. So if this appeals to you then keep reading for these 52 letter to yourself prompts to write this year.
Before we get into these letter to yourself prompts I want to share some tips for writing these each week and some of the benefits of writing letters to yourself.
Tips for writing letters to yourself each week:
- Make it apart of your weekly routines! Do you normally do laundry on Sundays? Then add this to your Sunday routine and do it after laundry.
- Keep your journal somewhere visible (like your nightstand) so when you see it you remember.
- Be patient with yourself! It takes time to build new habits and routines. So if you set out to write your letter on Sundays and you forget and have to write it on Tuesday that is fine. Life happens! So be patient with yourself and remember that trying and not being perfect is better than not trying at all.
Benefits of following these letter to yourself prompts:
- Writing letters to yourself can help with self awareness. It makes you realize how you are behaving and why you are behaving like that.
- It also motivates you to work on bettering yourself. And regular boosts of motivation are so important for living your best life.
- They also help with personal growth! Personal growth has a lot of elements but one of the most important is making an effort to understand where you can improve and how you can actually improve those areas. And writing letters to yourself is an important tool for that part of personal growth.
- They are also a fun way to organize your thoughts and make sure that you are keeping track of your current thoughts and emotions.
Now grab your favorite journal and let’s get into these letter prompts!
*** This article may contain affiliate links that I receive a small commission off of. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I always appreciate any support to keep this site running! Thank you!***
52 Letter To Yourself Prompts To Write This Year
Ideas for letters to write to yourself:
1: Talk about your favorite qualities about yourself.
2: Write a letter reflecting how you have grown in the past 5 years.
3: Who is someone that you have made their life better? What did you do?
4: Talk about how you use your free time?
5: What is something that you have accomplished that you are very proud of?
6: What things in your life have made a positive impact on it?
7: Make a list of what your bucket list for this year is and why each item is on the list.
8: What does growing older mean to you?
9: List out the scenarios that you are the happiest in.
10: When do you feel the most confident? Why do you think that?
11: Talk about who inspires you the most and why they do.
12: How do you handle bad days? Is there better things you could do?
13: Where do I see myself in 6 months and how can I better that vision?
14: How can I make my life more meaningful?
15: Talk about what makes you unique.
16: If I could tell my younger self one thing what would it be?
17: What would you say is your main life purpose?
18: How are you maintaining balance in your life? Talk about what you are doing and how it could be better.
19: What changes can I make to live my life to its fullest?
20: What is on your ultimate life bucket list?
21: How have my past mistakes help me grow as a person?
22: Talk about ideas for your personal growth journey.
23: What things could I do more of to inspire and encourage me?
24: How do I picture the legacy I will leave behind?
25: How did I better myself last year?
26: Talk about 3 things you couldn’t live without.
Half way there! Remind yourself that you are proud of what you have done!
27: How do I define success in life?
28: What can I do to prioritize my mental wellness?
29: What habits do I want to start adding to my life? How can I implement them?
30: How do I take care of myself?
31: If I could tell my future self one thing what would it be?
32: Write out all of your favorite affirmations.
33: Talk about your short term and long term goals.
34: Write a letter to your teenage self.
35: When do I feel the most confident?
36: Write about something you have never told anyone else.
37: How can I make my life more meaningful?
38: How would your life change is you were more comfortable with yourself?
39: How have my past mistakes help me grow as a person?
40: Talk about things that make you feel powerful.
41: How can you organize your life better? What steps are needed to feel more organized?
42: What was the last thing I did out of my comfort zone?
43: List out your current 5 top life priorities.
44: What daily routine changes can you make to feel less stressed?
45: How do you like to recharge? Do you do it enough?
46: What can you do to be more present in the moment?
47: If you could do today all over again what would you do differently?
48: What do you need more of in your life?
49: Where do I see myself in 6 months?
50: What is a new skill I want to learn this year?
51: What could I do to further my knowledge/education this year?
52: How do I overcome daunting obstacles?
Let’s get social!
If you liked this post on letter to yourself prompts to write this year then you probably (hopefully!) will like these posts too:
- Journal Prompts For Mornings: Start Your Day Journaling Ideas!
- Why You Should Be Setting 10 Year Goals
- 53 Journal Prompts For Improved Productivity
- What You Don’t Actually Need To Be Happier In Life!
- 8 Tips To Design Your Best Life: Create Your Dream Life
- Questions To Ask Yourself To Clarify Your Priorities
Let’s really connect and stay in touch!
Right below is an easy option to join my weekly newsletter! It’s just one email a week with my 3 new posts each week, email exclusive freebies, weekly finds & favorites, and so much more!
You must be logged in to post a comment.