Have you ever thought about focusing completely for one week on transforming yourself? Because you can do it with the right amount of focus and effort! Transforming yourself involves a lot of inner and outer work on focusing and bettering yourself. Not just external transformations! Which is why this 7 day glow up challenge to transform yourself is all about transforming yourself inside as well as outside.
Before we get into this 7 day glow up challenge let’s cover some helpful tips for sticking to a glow up challenge and then some of the benefits of doing a glow up challenge.
Tips for sticking to a glow up challenge:
- Be patient with yourself! Working on yourself and transforming your life is a gradual process and there will be hiccups along the way and that is okay. So be patient and understanding with yourself.
- Keep your inspiration visible. Making your inspiration visible like writing it down and putting it up in your closet or bathroom mirror or typing it up on your phone and screenshooting it and making it your phone screensaver is so important. This helps to keep your inspiration somewhere where you will see it every day of your glow up challenge.
- Make actionable steps for each day of the challenge. After reading about each day of the challenge it is important for you to make a list of actionable steps that you will take that day to successfully complete the glow up challenge.
Benefits of doing a glow up challenge:
- Sticking to a glow up challenge is a great way to help keep you on track with bettering your life.
- Having guidance from following a glow up challenge allows you to have tips and ideas for where to start and what to do when you are working on glowing up your life.
- It can be very motivating to follow a challenge when you are wanting to start bettering your life. And motivation can be very helpful during this time in your life!
- Making any conscious effort to better yourself is so important for creating your best life. And a glow up challenge is a great way to make bettering yourself a top level priority in your life.
Now that we have covered these tips for sticking to a glow up challenge lets get into this one week glow up challenge to transform your life!
*** This article may contain affiliate links that I receive a small commission off of. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I always appreciate any support to keep this site running! Thank you!***
7 Day Glow Up Challenge To Transform Yourself
Ideas for glowing up your whole life (mental health, self care, and more):
Day 1: Create a vision board (with positive affirmations).
Vision boards are one of my favorite ways to glow up your life.
A vision board helps you really think about what you want your life to look like. Which is the first big step towards actually creating the life you want! In order to keep following this glow up challenge it is so important to have an idea of what you are working on transforming your life towards.
So either make a physical vision board or a digital vision board on day one. If you want some inspiration for your digital vision board check this tutorial out.
And when you are making this vision board I do highly recommend that you add your most important positive affirmations to your visible board.
Day 2: Disconnect from your phone for an hour.
Getting off your phone is so important for keeping you in touch with those around you and being more present. And part of glowing yourself up is focusing on becoming the best version of yourself. And lowering your screen time and doing better things with your time is so helpful for focusing on bettering yourself.
It also gives you an hour a day where you are focusing on yourself and not others! And spending less time on your phone has been shown to help you better your mood as well as all the other benefits.
If you need some help disconnecting from your phone daily then check out this guide here! And if you are feeling like you have a bit of a phone addiction then check out this guide to lowering screen time: How To Decrease Screen Time: Phone Addict Edition!
Day 3: Make a skincare routine that you love with skincare products you can stick with.
Next up is a probably an anticipated day in any glow up challenge but it is so helpful. And important if you are trying to glow up physically!
This day of the challenge is still helpful even if you don’t have acne-prone skin or sensitive skin, there is still steps you can take to better your skin. Such as working on anti-aging and healing spots on your skin or shrinking pores. Whatever you find would be the most important for you.
Taking an hour or so to really read about what your skin type is and how you can take better care of your skin. And then start making an actual full skincare routine. So remember to remove makeup off your face each night and start making this skincare routine a part of your daily routines to start transforming your skin.
I recommend getting a habit tracker to help you work on your skin care routine and making the different elements of it a priority. And keeping the habit tracker near wherever you do your skin care routine.
Day 4: Work on your five year plan.
Next up on this glow up challenge is a very fun day!
Five year plans are an amazing way to think about what you want to do and accomplish in the next few years. It can be very inspirational and motivating.
However, it’s important to remember that so many things don’t go as planned (2020 and 2021 really taught us that!) so don’t stress if not everything on your five year plan happens.
So take the time to write down a five year plan including all of the different elements of your life. Include your family, relationships, career, academics, health, etc. A five year plan should include every part of what makes your life…well your life!
Day 5: Start doing daily journal prompts everyday.
On this day I recommend getting a journal if you don’t already have one and finding a list of daily journal prompts to start with.
There are so many benefits to daily journaling. It helps you really get in touch with your true emotions and thoughts. And help you to reflect on what is happening with your days and your whole life.
Implementing daily journaling can be a bit challenging! So here are some tips for how to add daily journaling to your days:
- Make it a part of either your morning or night routine. Whichever routine is the most stable for you and doesn’t change often.
- Keep your journal somewhere visible (like your nightstand) so when you see it you remember.
- If possible set a timer on your phone for the time of the day you prefer to journal.
- Make journaling it’s own little routine. For example, if you journal in the morning make it a routine to grab your journal, make your coffee, and then sit in the same quiet place to journal.
I have a whole bunch of journal prompt posts you could check out:
- 75 Self Improvement Journal Prompts: how journaling leads to self improvement.
- 28 Relationship Journal Prompts For February
- 35 Journal Prompts For The Holiday Season
- 52 Journal Prompts For College Students
- 40 Journal Prompts For When You Are Stressed
I also have a YouTube video (linked here) with letter to yourself prompts that can help with this day as well.
Day 6: Try a new, fun type of exercise for your workouts.
Next up is a very fun day- try a totally new exercise.
Take a crazy class, try barre workouts, go hiking! Anything new and exciting that could help motivate you to get more physical activity regularly.
And remember, it is so much more than about burning calories or avoiding weight gain. It is really helpful for your long term physical health and mental wellbeing to stay active and trying new exercises during this glow up challenge is a great way to do that. Building healthy habits is so important for bettering your life in the long run and this is an essential healthy habit.
A few ideas for fun new exercises that you can check out are:
- Taking a dance class.
- Trying a unique pilates style.
- Go rock climbing.
- Try hiking a beautiful trail.
- Take a yoga class.
- Hula hoop for a while.
Or any other fun exercise ideas that you want to try or that you have ever found interesting!
Day 7: Practice self love and learn to talk positively to yourself.
The final day of this 7 day life glow up challenge is the one that I hope the most you don’t skip!
When you talk positively to yourself about yourself you are practicing self love. And ultimately you can never fully glow up until you are making an effort to love yourself!
Start each day moving forward saying a few positive things about yourself. And when you catch yourself thinking negative things about yourself try to counter it by thinking about all of your amazing and incredible qualities!
Affirmations are a great way to practice speaking positively to yourself. Here are some of my favorite self love affirmations:
- I can ask for help when needed.
- I am making changes to make my life happier.
- My goals are all achievable.
- I am loved.
- I am more than enough.
- Today is a day of happiness.
- I appreciate all of me.
- I deserve the best.
- Today I will take care of myself.
- I control what happens today.
- I am a strong person.
- My life is just beginning.
- I am creating my own destiny.
- I will not let others negativity impact me.
- My life is completely within my control.
- I get stronger every day.
- I bring positivity into the world.
- My voice is valuable.
- I will not apologize for being me.
- I radiate self respect.
But the key is to find any affirmations that can really help you focus on talking positively to yourself.
And here are some steps and advice to follow for adding affirmations to your days:
I recommend saving this post and slowly adding affirmations to your day. Especially if you currently do not do daily affirmations.
By gradually adding them you will ensure that you are really focusing on each as you add them. That way you can make sure you are committing the mental energy necessary to help the affirmations positively impact your mindset.
Plus it can be overwhelming to start implementing a lot of affirmations at once. So start with 2-4 for the first month or so and then you can start adding more in as you go.
As for picking which affirmations to start with I recommend going through the whole list and picking the ones that stand out to you. The ones that really jump off the page and that resonate with you.
If need be close out of the page and think about which ones you remember. Chances are those are the affirmations that really stuck with you. So start with those to begin with.
I also recommend getting some cute sticky notes (like these) and put the affirmations you choose somewhere visible. Such as around your mirror or inside your closet door. The closet door is a great option if you live with others and don’t want your affirmations to be in a public area.
Additional glow up ideas:
There are so many other things you can do to better your life and keep working on improving yourself. And there is of course always more that you can do to better yourself. And to work on glowing up your whole life. If you are feeling so inspired then I want to list some of those out so you can keep working on glowing up your whole life:
Drink more water
Use sunscreen every day
Do regular face masks for your skin
Hit the salon and get a new hairstyle
Make sure to eat fruits and vegetables regularly
Work on daily meditation
Do a lip scrub once a week (and use lip balm daily)
Make sure to keep up with removing split ends
Try new healthy recipes weekly
Do a social media detox of who you are following
Get your eyebrows done
Head to a salon and get your eyelashes dyed or extended
Get a monthly massage
Try getting a new nails design
Let’s get social!
If you liked this post on a 7 day glow up challenge to transform your life then you probably (hopefully!) will like these too:
- Steps To Take When You’re Wondering “What Am I Doing With My Life?”
- 25 Ideas For Celebrating Small Wins To Achieve Long Term Goals
- Self Awareness Activities For Your Personal Growth Journey
- 27 Questions To Ask Yourself For Personal Growth
- What You Don’t Actually Need To Be Happier In Life!
- 8 Tips To Design Your Best Life: Create Your Dream Life
Let’s really connect and stay in touch!
Right below is an easy option to join my weekly newsletter! It’s just one email a week with my 3 new posts each week, email exclusive freebies, weekly finds & favorites, and so much more!
You must be logged in to post a comment.