No matter how much you love your life there is always ways to make it better. Which is why I want to share this huge list of 60 small ways to make your life better. Simple and easy steps you can take to make your life the best it can be.
Ways to improve your health, career, happiness, and honestly every aspect of your life can always be made better!
However, making steps towards improving your life do not have to be giant life changes. They can be small things you do daily, monthly, or even just once a year to start making your life closer to the life you want to live. Any new things you do to improve your life is a step that is in the right direction!
I have compiled a list of those small steps that you can start taking today to get to that goal of improving your life. You can go through and pick out a couple of things to start implementing or use this list as inspiration to create your own list if items that you want to work on to make your life better.
Also, if you want to keep track of your changes so you know your progress that is a great idea. I use this cute notebook and keep track because it helps me feel motivated to keep making small changes for a better life!
Now let’s jump into this list of easy ways to make your life your best life!
*** This article may contain affiliate links that I receive a small commission off of. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I always appreciate any support to keep this site running! Thank you!***
60 Small Ways To Make Your Life Better
Small things to do to improve your life:
1) Try to learn something new every week
Learning new things is a wonderful way to better yourself and ensure that you are making positive progress in your life.
2) Start planning your days in the morning (here’s how to make daily goals lists)
Daily planning is key to having better days in your life!
3) Organize your closet
Organizing your closet is such a simple step to take but it can make your days better when you aren’t wasting time looking for the right clothes to wear amongst lots of clothes you don’t like to wear.
4) Listen to at least 1 podcast a week
Podcasts are a great thing to listen to in the background while you are doing other tasks so you can improve yourself from the podcast and get things done at the same time.
5) Put effort into improving your sleep – here’s a guide for that!
No excuses on this one! Getting better sleep at night is so important for improving your mental wellbeing as well as your productivity.
6) Try to drink more water
Staying hydrated is so important for mental clarity and physical health.
7) Clean out your fridge/freezer and get it organized with those tools.
This isn’t the most fun thing to do but most of our fridges and freezers need some work.
8) Try to walk at least 8,000 steps a day
Get up and get moving to help you body and your mind.
9) Start an annual bucket list
Bucket lists are so fun and they are also inspiring and motivating to remind you to take on fun new challenges.
10) Listen to at least one audio book a month
This has similar reasoning to audio books.
11) Stretch your body for 5 minutes a day
Stretching your body is a commonly forgotten about element to improving your physical wellbeing yet it is so important.
12) Socialize with your friends at least every other week
This is a given for some people yet for others of us we tend to forget about it but it is good for the soul! Seeing family and coworkers is good and normal but don’t forget about your friends.
13) Start journaling every morning
I have a whole post about journal prompts for mornings that you can check out: Journal Prompts For Mornings: Start Your Day Journaling Ideas!
14) Listen to more upbeat music
Music is a powerful tool for bettering your mood and helping you have a happier day!
15) Call a loved one at least once a week
Reach out to a family member that would appreciate hearing from you.
16) Drink a little less alcohol
Cut it down a bit to help your mind and body.
17) Aim to exercise 4 times a week
Regular exercise is so great for your body but it also has lots of other benefits.
18) Try to spend at least a few hours a month with nature
Get outside and appreciate nature and of course all of the fresh air.
19) Organize and declutter your phone- here’s how to do it!
An organized phone is something you will use every day.
20) Create and follow a monthly budget
Check out these tips here: Monthly Budget Tips and Tricks + Free Printable Monthly Budget!
21) Make a monthly wall calendar
Start organizing your months better with a monthly wall calendar.
22) Try to watch only 1 hour of TV a day
Minimizing your TV time will help you have time in your days to do better things that can help you improve your life.
23) Have a no spend day every week
This is so helpful for bettering your financial situation!
24) Start weekly meal planning
Meal planning has tons of benefits for the health of your diet and it also can help you save money.
25) Make a few hours of your weekend “phone-less”
If you need some tips for how to spend less time on your phone then check this out: How To Decrease Screen Time: Phone Addict Edition!
26) Take more pictures of what you do, yourself, and your loved ones
These are memories that you will cherish for ever!
27) Volunteer once a month
Spread kindness in your community and start committing some time to volunteering.
28) Take steps to improve your mood when you’re having a bad day
Here’s some ideas for how to do that!
29) Form a healthy before bed routine
Set yourself up for a healthy next day with a healthy night time routine, check out these ideas for it here: How To Make A Healthy Night Time Routine.
30) Create and stick to shopping lists- for all stores, not just groceries
This is such a small way to better your finances but it makes a huge difference.
31) Use a weekly planner, my favorite one is the MAMBI Happy Planner
But any weekly planner will help you be more organized and productive.
32) Read 3 self-development books a year
Different people will prefer different ones so try to find the self development books that will help you improve your life.
33) Work on creating a positive morning routine
Because your morning routine helps to set the mood for your entire day.
34) Put effort into not comparing yourself to others
Comparison is the thief of joy! So work on not comparing yourself to others to start feeling better and having a happier life.
35) Spend a day logging your time so you know where your time is going!
Time logs are so helpful for having productive days which can lead to better days.
36) Practice forgiving others and not holding onto grudges
Don’t let those past feelings weigh you down so you can grow and become the best version of yourself.
37) Treat yourself to one new item of clothing a month
You deserve a wardrobe that reflects you and that you feel comfortable in.
38) Send a hand written letter to a loved one once a month
This will be valued and appreciated!
39) Go through all the subscriptions you pay for and evaluate if you use them
Make sure you are really using them to justify the expenses.
40) Say out loud something you’re thankful for every day
Gratitude is so helpful for improving your mindset which is essential to living your best life.
41) Form a Sunday routine to set your week up for success
This is beyond helpful for helping you have the best possible weeks.
42) Learn to take at least a 15 minute break after every 4 hours of working
Check out this full guide on taking breaks here.
43) Work on not multitasking, rather focus on one thing at a time
This helps your time management in the long run I swear!
44) Delete any social media apps that make you sad
Don’t sacrifice your mental wellbeing for any social media sites/apps.
45) Write weekly to do lists
Here’s a free template for them, but they are so helpful for helping you have the best weeks.
46) Celebrate your successes no matter how small
You deserve to celebrate any success but extra celebration for any that help you get out of your comfort zone.
47) Buy small comfort items regularly (like candles and blankets)
These are great for your mental wellness.
48) Eat at least 2 servings of fruits and veggies daily
Help yourself improve your life with a more balanced diet!
49) Invest in your skincare
This is an investment that your future self will really thank you for.
50) Start a habit journal to track your progress on new habits
This is one of the best ways to track more positive habits and make them actually stick.
50) Make your bed every day
Such a small change that can help you get into a better mindset right away in the morning.
51) Only eat out once a week
Minimizing your eating out is so helpful for bettering your diet and it’s good for your wallet too.
52) Try to find a career or personal mentor
Mentors are so great for teaching you the things you need to know to better your life.
53) Work on always being on time to work and social events
Timeliness is always a great trait to have to be courteous to others and to make sure you aren’t missing things.
54) Limit your intake or stop drinking pop
This is one that most of us know but seriously work on making this change now for your health.
55) Refresh your resume on a quarterly basis
This will be so helpful for the next time you need to apply to a new job.
56) Ask people you admire for feedback on your performance/life
This is a fantastic way to learn new ways to improve your life.
57) Write a list of your “bad habits” and then start tackling one
Take on one at a time!
58) Download a brain game app- like sudoku
This can help you to keep your mind sharp and alert.
59) Start a gratitude journal
To help you work on daily gratitude!
60) Remember to put effort into loving yourself
Loving yourself is one of the most valuable things you can do.
Make sure to leave any ideas you have for improving your life in the comments so others can add it to their list as well!
Improving your life doesn’t need to be an overwhelming process. You can gradually make small changes to better your life and start making the life you want to have! Be patient with yourself and remember that any progress is good progress.
If you overwhelm yourself it will make it more difficult to actually make small changes to better your life. So don’t rush the daily changes and instead be gradual about these life changes. It will ultimately be better that way even though it is tempting to try and do it all at once. But push past that temptation so you can truly make these simple life changes!
Let’s get social!
If you liked this post on small ways to make your life better then you probably (hopefully!) will like these too:
- 21 Day Life Glow Up Challenge For 2021
- How To Set Personal Development Goals
- The Ultimate 30 Day Self Love Challenge
- 5 Simple Daily Habits For Better Productivity
- My Helpful Home Weekly Cleaning Schedule- Printable!
Let’s really stay in touch and connect!
Below is a quick form to subscribe to my weekly roundup! It’s just one email a week! Which includes my 3 newest posts, email exclusive freebies, weekly finds and favorites, and so much more. I would love to stay in touch moving forward!
Absolutely love this list! I’m going to bookmark this post for future reference!
Comments are closed.