Your daily habits can have a huge impact on how overall organized and put together your life is. Which is why I want to share these 5 habits to help you be more organized and put together.
I do recommend starting by adding one habit each month rather than all at once as that can quickly feeling overwhelming!
I also want to quickly share tips for organizing your day because having more organized days goes hand in hand with these habits.
How to organize your days tips:
- Schedule the most important tasks first. Trying to accomplish the biggest and most vital tasks can help set you up for not only organized days. But also more successful days in general.
- Make daily to do lists. This is the best way to ensure you know what tasks need to be done that day. And you can use this list for helping you organize the other parts of your day. In general I really recommend the importance of using a daily to do list.
- Plan for buffer time. Things happen. Life happens. New things get added to your plate. So planning a bit of buffer time every day will actually help you have more organized days.
- Keep a time log. This is something to do if you feel like your days are chaotic and super unorganized. For a few days each day keep a log of what you do every hour. Then you can use that to see where the time in your day is going. And then from there you can re-evaluate your time and how you can re-arrange your days for improved organization and productivity.
- Don’t be afraid to include stretches/goals. Your daily organization doesn’t just need to be logistics it can absolutely include things that are aspirational and things that help you work towards your goals. If you never include those things you will struggle to improve yourself and achieve larger goals!
Now let’s get into these habits to help you be more organized!
*** This article may contain affiliate links that I receive a small commission off of. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I always appreciate any support to keep this site running! Thank you!***
5 Habits To Help You Be More Organized and Put Together
Habits to start for a more organized life:
Habit 1: Clean as you go
This is such an essential habit for keeping your home (and your life) organized and orderly.
Do not wait until the end of the day or until the weekend to clean up. Do it throughout the day and before you begin the next task.
For example, making breakfast? Do the dishes right after you finish eating so they don’t pile up in the sink. Laundry basket full? Put the clothes in the washer before you leave to run an errand.
Just staying on top of things throughout the day keeps everything from adding up at the end of the day making your home messy and stressful.
Habit 2: Use a planner
If you have been on here before you probably heard me talk before about the importance of using a planner many times!
Planners keep your whole life organized. I recommend having one at work and one for your home life if you find that just one gets too filled up.
If you have a planner but don’t use it every week like you need to do to stay organized then take a look at this 5 Reasons Your Planner Isn’t Working and figure out why and then follow the steps for what to do to start using it.
If you don’t currently have a planner I recommend checking out the Erin Condren Life Planner!
Habit 3: Start your day with a task.
Starting your day with a task that needs to get done can set your whole day up for organization and productivity.
You set the mood for the day and you can use that “just woke up” energy to help you get more done.
I also recommend setting up an organized morning routine as part of this habit. Here is a list of 13 ideas for organized morning routines.
Habit 4: Do one thing at a time.
Multitasking decreases productivity and increases errors in whatever you are working on.
You aren’t actually multitasking. Your brain is just rapidly switching between two tasks which actually means there is down time. Ultimately it will take you more time to complete each task in total if you are multitasking compared to doing one task at a time.
It will also keep you way more organized because you are fully finishing a task and never have confusion on what the task is.
Habit 5: Write things down throughout the day.
You can’t stay organized if you forget things! And if you’re finding yourself trying to be more organized then you probably are busy and have a lot of things to do and remember. And if you don’t write them down then you will never remember every single thing.
At work I walk around with a small notebook to jot things down on and it makes a world of a difference in keeping my work day organized and ensuring everything gets accomplished!
Let’s get social!
If you liked this post on habits to help you be more organized and put together then you probably (hopefully!) will like these posts too:
- 11 Easy & Fast Areas Of Your Life To Get Organized Today!
- Affordable Amazon Favorites For An Organized Bathroom
- 12 Habits For A Productive Morning Routine: Have a productive morning!
- Planner Tools That Can Help You Quickly Get Organized
- 31 Tiny Habits That Can Transform Your Entire Life
Let’s connect and really stay in touch!
Below is a quick sign up for my weekly round up (only 1 email a week!) that gives you access to email exclusive freebies, my 3 new posts from that week, finds and favorites from that week, and so much more awesome stuff!