Your morning sets the mood for your whole day. Which means that if you add productive habits to your morning routine then you set yourself up for a more productive day! Which is why I compiled this list of 12 habits to add for a productive morning routine.
I do want to state right away that you don’t need to add all 12. Just the ones that are the most applicable to your lifestyle and your dreams.
And when you are implementing the ones you choose remember to add them slowly. I highly recommend adding one at a time. Specifically, adding one habit a month. That way you can really build the habit and make sure it sticks. And it helps you from getting overwhelmed or burnt out which can happen if you add too many at once. Remember to always be patient with yourself.
Creating a positive morning routine is so helpful for having more productive and positive days. Your morning time is a great way to set yourself up for a productive day which is something that is important for being successful but it can be really difficult to be more productive!
If you want more ideas for habits to add to your morning routine then check out: 6 Ways To Refresh Your Morning Routine For Summer and Morning Habits To Add In 2020.
Now let’s jump into these habits that will help you learn how to have a productive morning!
*** This article may contain affiliate links that I receive a small commission off of. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I always appreciate any support to keep this site running! Thank you!***
12 Habits To Add For a Productive Morning Routine:
- Don’t snooze your alarm clock– the first habit is focused on making sure you have time in the morning to actually be productive. Make sure that you don’t snooze your alarm. And get up when you need to. This way you will have time to do everything that needs done. So you can truly have a productive morning.
- Learn to appreciate getting up earlier– this is a large habit with a lot of aspects. So I have an entire article to help with learning to wake up earlier in the morning: Learn To Get Up Early Every Day. Getting up earlier takes patience and some time but once you start doing it you will be thankful that you did.
- Eat a healthy breakfast– skipping breakfast means that you will have less energy in the morning and throughout the day to be productive. Eat breakfast and ideally skip on the sugary cereals and make a healthy breakfast! Fueling your body is a great way to ensure that your entire day is better and more productive.
- Stay off your phone for the first 15-20 minutes– get up and start your morning routine but don’t immediately grab your phone and check emails and social media. Give your brain time to wake up and start functioning before you start to learn new information from your phone! This will help boost productivity in the morning in addition to being better for your mental wellness.
- Start your day with a to-do list– writing a to do list will help you start to make a plan for your day. It also helps you start to visualize your time line for the day which will mean improved productivity during the day! Here are some tips for writing daily to do lists. I also advise learning how to prioritize your to do lists as well which I talk more about in that post. Having prioritize to do lists keeps you focused and on track throughout the whole day.
- Get your workout in early– adding exercise to your morning routine is a great way to have a more productive day. If you get your exercise out of the way in the morning then you don’t have to worry about it later. It also helps boost your energy levels. No need to have a sense of dread over you all day that you haven’t gotten your exercise in yet.
You’re half way through the habits! Remember to add these slowly so that you don’t get overwhelmed!
- Listen to a podcast instead of the morning news– you can get your news quickly on your phone. So rather than watching 50% ads, you can turn on a self development podcast to use the time more productively. Podcasts are also a wonderful tool for personal growth.
- Add a passion activity– if you are passionate about reading then add time to read in the morning! Adding some time for your passions right away in the morning will help you ensure you have time for your passions. Want more tips on making time for your hobbies? Check out this helpful post here!
- Hydrate then caffeinate– start your morning with drinking a glass of water before you start with the caffeine. It’s healthier! And it helps you feel fuller before you start drinking your coffee so you drink it slower. Slowly drinking your coffee will help your energy levels be more stable. Which helps with productivity and energy throughout the day.
- Add a way to learn new things– depending on your preferred method of getting information try to add 15-30 minutes of learning new things. For me that is reading non-fiction books that are relevant to my dreams! But do what works the best for your life.
- Get important tasks done first– starting your day by getting the most important task out of the way right away will help you have a less stressful and more productive day. I like to pick out either the most important task or the task I am dreading the most and get it dealt with right away. Knock out those boring or annoying tasks right away.
- Do one task at a time– it can be tempting to multitask during the morning but when you focus on getting one task done at a time it is actually more productive! This is because when you multitask your brain jumps between things which leads to downtime in between tasks and makes it hard to focus on efficiently accomplishing each task.
Best of luck adding some new positive morning routine habits to your day! These are great tools and habits to start implementing to help you have more productive days. Being productive doesn’t have to be overwhelming!
If you have any questions or need tips for implementing these habits into your morning routine make sure to let me know in the comments.
Make sure to follow me on Pinterest for self improvement advice, productivity tips, and lifestyle updates:
Are we Instagram friends?
Let’s really connect and stay in touch!
Below is a quick form to subscribe to my weekly roundup! It’s just one email a week! Which includes my 3 newest posts, email exclusive freebies, weekly finds and favorites, and so much more. I would love to stay in touch moving forward!
Comments are closed.