I fully believe in making a conscious effort to improve yourself a little bit every day.
But that can be a really vague goal. And it may seem incredibly difficult to determine where you should start.
There are so many areas of your life that you can start improving on so the best thing you can do is focus first on the self improvement that you think will help you achieve your most important goals!
*** This article may contain affiliate links that I receive a small commission off of. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I always appreciate any support to keep this site running! Thank you!***
Why is self improvement so important?
Because working on yourself is the only way that you can achieve new goals. You won’t achieve your goals that you haven’t previously achieved by staying the same.
And making a conscious effort to improve yourself in ANY way will have positive effects on every aspect of your life.
So I have compiled 50 ideas for improving yourself. 50 ideas for how you can start working on bettering yourself!
1. Clean as you go
2. Let go of toxic friendships
3. Work on prioritizing
4. Create a one year plan
5. Keep a habit journal
6. Try to get 30 minutes of physical activity every day
7. Make your bed every day
8. Read a book relevant to your dreams
9. Make a daily goals list
10. Refresh your resume
11. Create your meal plan for the week
12. Take an online course on something you want to learn
13. Strive for 6 hours of sleep every night
14. Take an hour off social media every day
15. Go one day without sugar
16. Create a vision board
17. Start a gratitude journal
18. Work on your work day routine
19. Make a personal website (this is great for job applications)
20. Find & listen to podcasts relevant to your goals
21. Start volunteering 1 day a month or quarter
22. Organize your cell phone
23. Write a list of your “bad habits” and then start tackling one
24. Put a limit on your TV consumption
25. Work towards getting up by 6am every day
26. Purge your closet
27. Drink more water
28. Make a monthly life calendar
29. Try meditation (there are free guided ones on YouTube)
30. Learn to write weekly to do lists
31. Download a brain game app- like sudoku
32. Write a letter to yourself in 5, 10, and 20 years
33. Try journaling
34. Learn a new word everyday
35. Evaluate and improve your morning routine
36. Organize your “junk drawer”
37. Work on not multitasking
38. Work on learning to say no
39. Make a 10 year career plan
40. Cook dinner at home 1 more day a week than previously
41. Create a productive Sunday routine
42. Break your goals down into daily actions
43. Work on taking criticism and growing from it
44. Ask a career mentor for feedback
45. Learn to use your commute time productively
46. Monitor and limit your caffeine intake
47. Start taking personalized vitamins (do research on what you need)
48. Make an effort to make one person smile everyday
49. Write down your impression of your strengths and weaknesses
50. Most importantly- remember to love yourself and where you already are!
Self improvement can be a daunting but insanely rewarding thing to focus your energy on.
Even focusing on improving one part of you a tiny bit every day can lead to long lasting positive results in your life!
Best of luck improving yourself! Comment with any questions or ideas!