I fully believe in making a conscious effort to improve yourself a little bit every day. But that can be a really vague goal. And it may seem difficult to determine where you should start. Which is why I have compiled these helpful 50 ideas for self improvement.
There are so many areas of your life that you can start improving on!
Which means the best thing you can do is focus first on the self improvement that you think will help you achieve your most important goals.
*** This article may contain affiliate links that I receive a small commission off of. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I always appreciate any support to keep this site running! Thank you!***
Why is self improvement so important?
Because working on yourself is the only way that you can achieve new goals. You won’t achieve your goals that you haven’t previously achieved by staying the same.
And making a conscious effort to improve yourself in ANY way will have positive effects on every aspect of your life.
So I have compiled 50 ideas for improving yourself. 50 ideas for how you can start working on bettering yourself!
50 Ideas For Self Improvement:
1. Clean as you go- don’t let your home get messy!
2. Let go of toxic friendships- if a friendship isn’t good for your mental wellness than let it go.
3. Work on prioritizing– every aspect of your life will benefit from prioritizing the most important things first.
4. Create a one year plan- figure out what the next 365 days will look like.
5. Keep a habit journal – this will help you build new positive habits!
6. Try to get 30 minutes of physical activity every day.
7. Make your bed every day- and wash your bedding regularly too.
8. Read a book relevant to your dreams- self help or inspirational, whatever benefits your dreams the most.
9. Make a daily goals list- here are some tips for this!
10. Refresh your resume- here are 20 resume tips to help.
11. Create your meal plan for the week and make a grocery list along with it.
12. Take an online course on something you want to learn!
13. Strive for 6 hours of sleep every night- here are 5 more tips for better sleep.
14. Take an hour off social media every day- learn to unplug from your phone with this guide.
15. Go one day without sugar each week- your body will thank you.
16. Create a vision board for your future dreams!
17. Start a gratitude journal- here’s a cute one.
18. Work on your work day routine for more productive days.
19. Make a personal website (this is great for job applications)- no matter your career path this can be very helpful.
20. Find & listen to podcasts relevant to your goals.
21. Start volunteering 1 day a month or quarter- getting involved for your community is a win-win for everyone.
22. Organize your cell phone!
23. Write a list of your “bad habits” and then start tackling one- here is my favorite tips for breaking a bad habit.
24. Put a limit on your TV consumption each day.
25. Work towards getting up by 6am every day!
26. Purge your closet- and organize it after your closet has been decluttered.
27. Drink more water every single day.
28. Make a monthly life calendar.
29. Try meditation- there are free guided ones on YouTube!
30. Learn to write weekly to do lists to get more organized.
31. Download a brain game app- like Sudoku or crosswords.
32. Write a letter to yourself in 5, 10, and 20 years.
33. Try journaling- here are 75 Self Improvement Journal Prompts.
34. Learn a new word everyday- get an app for this and watch your vocabulary grow!
35. Evaluate and improve your morning routine.
36. Organize your “junk drawer” or junk closet.
37. Work on not multitasking and focusing on one task at a time.
38. Work on learning to say no!
39. Make a 10 year career plan and actionable steps to get there.
40. Cook dinner at home 1 more day a week than previously.
41. Create a productive Sunday routine to set your week up for success!
42. Break your goals down into daily actions each day- this will seriously help you achieve your goals.
43. Work on taking criticism and growing from it- here are my tips for taking criticism like a pro.
44. Ask a career mentor for feedback on your work performance and career path.
45. Learn to use your commute time productively!
46. Monitor and limit your caffeine intake- trust me your body will thank you in the long run.
47. Start taking personalized vitamins (do research on what you need)!
48. Make an effort to make one person smile everyday- bring joy to those around you!
49. Write down your impression of your strengths and weaknesses so you can grow from both lists!
50. Most importantly- remember to love yourself and where you already are!
Self improvement can be a daunting but insanely rewarding thing to focus your energy on.
Even focusing on improving one part of you a tiny bit every day can lead to long lasting positive results in your life!
Best of luck improving yourself! Comment with any questions or ideas!
Go ahead and share these ideas for self improvement with your friends:
Want more advice on self improvement? Follow me on Pinterest:
Are we Instagram friends?