A good selfie is quite the gem but finding a caption for it can often stop us from actually posting it! Which is why I have compiled and am so excited to share these 61 selfie caption ideas that aren’t awkward. Or at least not too awkward!
These self captions are broke down into these categories so it will be easier for you to find the ones you are looking for! They are: cute selfie captions, short selfie captions, funny selfie captions, and inspiring selfie captions. So hopefully there is something in this list for your caption no matter the vibe of your selfie.
If you want to see how I use these caption ideas this spring make sure to follow me on Instagram here!
Also, make sure to scroll to the bottom of the post for links to most Instagram caption ideas posts and my top 5 tips for using Instagram and posting on it to grow your following.
*** This article may contain affiliate links that I receive a small commission off of. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I always appreciate any support to keep this site running! Thank you!***
61 Selfie Caption Ideas That Aren’t Awkward
Cute, short, funny, and inspiring self captions!
Cute Instagram Selfie Captions
- You are one of a kind.
- Maybe she’s born with it…
- Live a good story.
- Being happy is always in style.
- A smile can change the world.
- You can’t dull my sparkle *sparkle emoji*
- If I don’t post this there’s no evidence I got dressed today.
- Your smile is my fav
- All I could ever want is right in front of me
- Filling my mind with happy thoughts!
- When the sun goes down, that’s when you see me glow
- Every heart has a story waiting to be told!
- Wanderlust and city dust
- Be yourself, there’s no one better.
Short Selfie Caption Ideas
- Life imitates art.
- Just do you.
- Create your own sunshine.
- Selfie Sunday (or Saturday)
- Me, myself, and I.
- Why so serious?
- Todays vibes
- Normal is boring!
- Classy AF!
- Wine about it *wine emoji*
- Cute but psycho
- Today is cancelled.
- I’m a vibe
- Simple days
Funny Selfie Captions
- Make them stop and stare.
- Sending this selfie to NASA b/c I am a star *insert star emoji*
- Life happens, coffee helps.
- A selfie a day keeps the basics stay.
- I really put the pro in procrastinating.
- It’s not a phase mom *peace emoji*
- Life is the biggest party you will ever see.
- Being the EXTRA in extraordinary.
- Don’t be average, be savage.
- We all have that one friend… it’s me, I’m that friend
- One does not simply create a clever Instagram caption
- Sleep like no one is watching.
- Coffee is cheaper than therapy
- Eh. At least I have a great personality.
- On my worst behavior
- Born to express not to impress.
- I have no selfie control.
Inspiring IG Selfie Captions
- If you can be anything in life, be yourself.
- The best is yet to come!
- Grow through what you go through.
- Life is tough… but so am I.
- Better to say oops than what if.
- If you don’t believe in yourself then who will?
- Motivation Monday? I’m motivated seven days a week
- Storms don’t last forever
- Shine like the whole universe is yours
- Perfectly imperfect
- Look at usual things with unusual eyes!
- Yesterday is heavy, put it down.
- Happiness is an inside job.
- Trust the timing of your life!
Instagram tips and tricks To Grow Your Following:
Tip 1) Before posting ask yourself if your content is providing value? Will it inform or entertain your followers? If not then consider what you can add in the caption to provide value.
Tip 2) Stay consistent but don’t overwhelm. Posting at least 5 times a week is ideal but don’t overwhelm your followers by posting 5 times a day! You don’t want anyone getting annoyed and unfollowing or forgetting who you are because you don’t post enough.
Tip 3) Try to link your content back into recent blog posts. Especially if you are a lifestyle blogger who blogs about a lot of different things. For example, if you just did a home decor post then try to link your most recent Instagram post to something home decor related.
Tip 4) Utilize relevant hashtags. Don’t just add 30 trending hashtags! Keep it relevant and think about things people could be searching that if they saw your picture would make them actually want to click on your account and follow you.
Tip 5) Fix your bio! Make sure that when someone clicks on your account that they know who you are based on your bio and what type of content they can expect.
Let’s get social!
If you liked this post own selfie caption ideas that aren’t awkward you probably (hopefully!) will like these too:
- 52 Instagram Captions For Wedding Vibes: Wedding Season Captions!
- 100 Fun Summer Instagram Captions: Step Up Your IG Game!
- 52 Perfect Spring Instagram Caption Ideas
- 53 Perfect Holiday Instagram Captions Ideas
- 62 Thanksgiving Instagram Captions- Thankful, Sweet, Funny
- 100 Fall Instagram Caption Ideas
Let’s really connect and stay in touch!
Right below is an easy option to join my weekly newsletter! It’s just one email a week with my 3 new posts each week, email exclusive freebies, weekly finds & favorites, and so much more!