Rise and shine, sleepyheads! Today, we’re diving into the wonderful world of bed-making. Now, before you roll your eyes and hit that snooze button, hear us out. Making your bed each morning may seem like a mundane task, but trust us when we say it can sprinkle some serious magic into your day! We’re talking about benefits that go beyond just straightening out the sheets. And hey, we get it – remembering to make your bed in the midst of morning grogginess can be a challenge. But fear not, because we’ve got your back with some fun and quirky tips to help you embrace this game-changing habit. So, get ready to uncover the hidden superpowers of bed-making and discover how to turn it into a delightful part of your morning routine. It’s time to fluff those pillows, tuck in those sheets, and dive headfirst into a world of tidiness and cheerfulness! Let’s make some beds, people and get into this guide with benefits of making your bed every morning and tips for remembering to.
*** This article may contain affiliate links that I receive a small commission off of. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I always appreciate any support to keep this site running! Thank you!***
The Benefits of Making Your Bed Every Morning
Why you should always make your bed:
Instant sense of accomplishment:
Making your bed is an easy and quick task that provides an immediate sense of achievement. Starting your day with this small accomplishment can set a positive tone for the rest of your activities.
Tidying up your bed helps create an organized and clutter-free environment. This can enhance your focus and productivity throughout the day. Plus, an uncluttered bed can be an inviting space to work or relax later on.
A neat and well-made bed can contribute to a sense of order and calmness in your bedroom. Coming back to a tidy bed at the end of the day can uplift your mood and create a soothing atmosphere for a restful sleep.
A well-made bed instantly adds a touch of visual appeal to your bedroom. It can create a sense of order and harmony in the space, making it more inviting and pleasant to be in.
When you make your bed, you’re more likely to pay attention to the overall cleanliness of your bedroom. It can serve as a reminder to keep other areas tidy and organized, promoting a cleaner living environment.
Positive habit formation:
Consistently making your bed each morning can help cultivate a sense of discipline and order in your daily routine. It sets the tone for other productive habits and can lead to a more organized lifestyle overall.
Promotes good sleep hygiene:
Preparing your bed each morning can also have a positive impact on your sleep routine. A well-made bed creates a cozy and inviting space, making it easier to unwind and relax at the end of the day.
Now let’s get into these helpful tips for remembering to make your bed in the morning!
Tips for remembering to make your bed in the morning:
- Set a visual reminder: Place a sticky note or a small visual cue near your bed or on your bedroom door as a reminder to make your bed. Seeing it first thing in the morning will prompt you to take a moment to tidy up.
- Make it part of your routine: Incorporate bed-making into your morning routine. Set aside a specific time slot each day to make your bed, whether it’s right after waking up, before you leave the bedroom, or before you begin your daily activities. Consistency is key!
- Create a simple bed-making routine: Keep your bed-making routine simple and efficient. Focus on smoothing out the sheets, fluffing the pillows, and arranging any decorative elements. Aim for a tidy and presentable look without spending too much time on it.
- Enlist an accountability partner: Share your goal of making your bed daily with a friend, family member, or roommate. Ask them to check in with you or even make it a friendly competition. Having someone to hold you accountable can increase your motivation and help you stay on track.
- Make it enjoyable: Find ways to make bed-making more enjoyable. Play your favorite music or listen to a podcast while you tidy up. Treat yourself to a small reward afterward, like enjoying a cup of coffee or tea in your well-made bed.
- Embrace the benefits: Remind yourself of the benefits of making your bed each day. Reflect on how it contributes to a clean and organized living space, sets a positive tone for your day, and creates a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
- Practice self-compassion: If you miss a day or forget to make your bed, don’t beat yourself up. It’s normal to slip up occasionally. Simply get back on track the next day and continue to build the habit.
Let’s connect and really stay in touch!
Below is a quick form to subscribe to my weekly roundup! It’s just one email a week with my 3 newest posts, email exclusive freebies, weekly finds and favorites, and so much more. I would love to stay in touch moving forward!
If you enjoyed this article on The Benefits of Making Your Bed Every Morning then you probably (hopefully!) will enjoy these articles as well: