Kindness is always in style.
Spread kindness. Spread positivity. Bring happiness into other lives whenever and wherever possible!
This positive mentality of spreading kindness is why I have created this list of 51 ideas that you can do to spread kindness in your community and hopefully put a smile on others faces.
What are random acts of kindness?
Random acts of kindness are when you perform an action of spreading kindness and positivity in someone else’s life or your community as a whole. They are generally less organized and therefore surprise others more when they are on the receiving end of a random act of kindness!
*** This article may contain affiliate links that I receive a small commission off of. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I always appreciate any support to keep this site running! Thank you!***
- Pay for the person behind you in line at Starbucks
- Go for a walk around your neighborhood and collect trash
- Leave a kind note for your mailman/delivery men
- Tape a few dollars onto a vending machine
- Set up bird feeders in your neighborhood
- Keep an extra umbrella in your car for others
- Leave nice reviews for small businesses in your area
- Make your lose change jar for charity
- Keep extra reusable bags in your trunk
- Serve food at a homeless shelter not on a holiday
- Bring cookies to your local nursing home
- Buy a bouquet of roses and hand them out on the street
- Check for parking meters needing more change and add it
- Leave kind notes on your neighbors cars
- Pay for the next persons coffee
- Get Starbucks gift cards for teachers in your area
- Carry groceries to their car for others
- Learn to say hello and thank you in other languages
- Donate school supplies to your local school
- Leave water bottles for delivery drivers in the summer
- Water your neighbors flowers
- Bring in donuts and coffee for your coworkers
- Offer to take pictures for other families on vacation
- Mow the lawn for elderly neighbors
- Declutter your closet and donate the clothes
- Sign up for local mentorship programs
- Leave a generous tip for a waiter/waitress
- Rake your neighbors leaves
- Donate toys to local shelters
- Send random cards to loved ones who live far away
- Go on a social media compliment spree
- Make hot cocoa for your family in the winter
- Take charge of birthday cards for all coworkers
- Volunteer to walk dogs at the local animal shelter
- Feed birds in the park
- Buy your waiter/waitress dessert
- Leave money at a wishing fountain
- Reach out to old friends
- Pick up litter in the park
- Send a care package to a college student in your life
- Call an elderly relative just to say hi
- Offer to babysit for free for a new mother
- Leave tennis balls at the dog park
- Compliment strangers on the street
- Shovel your neighbor’s driveway after it snows
- Paint kindness rocks and leave around your neighborhood
- Stop at a kids lemonade stand
- Leave a plant/flowers on your neighbors porch
- Donate canned goods to a local food shelter
- Leave water bowls in the park for dogs in the summer
- Tell your loved ones how much you love them
Want to share this positive list? We would love that!
Make sure to comment more ideas of Random Acts of Kindness that you have done or want to do to spread more kindness into the world!
Comments are closed.